Friday, October 02, 2009

To Fly…through the years

s_toFly1_LG[1]The signature movie at the National Air and Space Museum is called “To Fly.”

It’s been there for at least 25 years (maybe more).

So, it was kind of a surreal experience when I took Paco and Tonka to go watch it on the huge IMAX screen.

I really felt the passage of time with that one.

However, I feel like I spent more of the movie watching their reactions than watching the movie.

But, when I did watch the movie, I realized how much and how fast the world has changed in those 25 years.

For example, they made a BIG deal about how international jet travel is bringing people closer than ever…and I’m thinking about how I had a Skype call w/Israel that morning…for free and how unfazed these kids are when they talk on a cell phone in a car….they take it for granted.

The movie is still inspirational and awe-inspiring in its scope, but it’s fascinating to think how many of the specifics they cite as “cutting-edge” technology now seem so commonplace.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments