Monday, February 02, 2009

Not sure what is eating Gilbert Grape…

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Image via Wikipedia

Actually, that’s not so fair, because I could certainly venture a guess.

Maybe he thinks that life isn’t fair for the fact that his brother is “mentally retarded”?

Or that his mother is severely overweight?

Or he is stuck in a dead-end job?

Either way, he certainly has enough to keep his mind occupied.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape is really a solid movie with an all-star cast.

You know, it’s funny.

I finished watching this movie on the day after my TV broke (have another, older one) and perhaps because I (you/we) are predictably irrational, I was looking for reasons to justify the purchase of a new one. So, when I saw this movie, I said, “wow, this is really a bad situation and he’s making the most of life. It’s important to ‘stop and smell the roses,’”…which is of course why we need a new TV :-)

 

Ah, the human brain is a wonderful thing.

So, is this movie, which is about the brain (in a way).

 

P.S. When I see Johnny Depp, no matter what, I think 21 Jumpstreet. Is that bad?

 

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments