Thursday, February 05, 2009

Lives of Quiet Desperation…

Anvil

Image via Wikipedia

One of the biggest anvils I know is my buddy, Josh Rogers.

We were chatting the other day and he said, “Look, I’ve got to live my life to the fullest. I refuse to lead a life of ‘quiet desperation.’”

From there, the conversation progressed.

I wondered, “since, as Dr. Seuss would say in “The Places You’ll Go,” that ‘Life’s A Great Balancing Act,’ won’t there by nature be some parts of your life that are, at least temporarily unfulfilled?  Won’t you have some “quiet desperation” somewhere?”

You may be focusing on work and have ‘quiet desperation in your personal life.”

Or you may be in an unsatisfying job, but with the economy the way it is, you prefer to ‘suffer’ through it since you, at least, have a job?

In other words, will there always be some part of your life that is ‘desperate?’

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments