Friday, August 22, 2008

Certified Stop and Smell the Roses Moment...

Paco and Tonka were spending the night at their grandparents, so it was just Gianni and me before the NFO returned home.

I took her for a walk and made a deposit at the bank ATM (it was working this time).

I ran into a friend going into CVS, she held up a roll of film saying "I have to get this developed."

I tried to take a picture, but she demured, so I put out a note on Twitter:


to which a friend replies:



but that was only part of the story.

I noticed while I was talking about the film that the Gianni was in a really great mood, so, as I walked home, I tickled her, smiled, made faces, and really made an effort to engage her.


Towards the end of the walk, Yoni calls my cell.


"I just saw one of the cutest sights of my day driving by you and your baby."
 His observation validated a moment in which I had been totally immersed. For that time, I wasn't aware of my surroundings, wasn't thinking about anything else, wasn't multi-tasking. Just appreciating the beauty of my 6 month old little girl.

Thanks, Yoni!
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments