Friday, August 08, 2008

Take me out to Nationals Park!

A big call out to Washington Nationals 'superfan' Dave Sobel of Evolve Technologies whose generosity led to my first visit to the new Nationals Park.

Baseball is not my favorite sport (bonus points if you guess what is), but from a 'hang out' perspective, there are few better than a lazy summer evening (not too humid), in a beautiful setting only 2 blocks from the Metro, with some good friends and highly overpriced beer.

The Nats, to no one's suprise, dropped the game to the Phillies, but I didn't really care.

Felt like a kid again, enjoyed seeing "Take me out to the ballgame" and visiting with Conrad and Jesse.

I grew up an Orioles' fan and I think that is where my allegiance lies, but between driving 50 minutes, parking and having to come back and sitting in an air conditioned Metro car w/no parking hassle, not much of a contest.

Go Nats!!

PS (this guy on 2nd base by himself got caught overruning the basepath and essentially cost the Nats the game).




Zemanta Pixie
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments