Monday, September 03, 2007

Hyundai, Fitzgerald and Why Great Service Makes It Happen...

Five years ago, when I decided to buy a Hyundai Elantra, there were a LOT of skeptics.

"Korean cars aren't good."

"What are you thinking?"

Well, over the years, with the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty and the fantastic customer service, I've felt vindicated (many times) by the decision. Plus I adore my great dealer, Fitzgerald, (and their great business approach).

Well, last week, I had another opportunity to appreciate the process.

The car was at Costco and wouldn't start (turns out it was a battery issue). Within 60 minutes, the free (or should I say, included) Hyundai Roadside Assistance was there and the car was on its way to the dealer.

Less than 24 hours went by, the car was ready (plus an oil change and some nitrogen gas in the tires-supposedly you never have to check the air again-for $40, I thought it was worth the risk).

Anyway, solid service that made an unpleasant experience about as pleasant as it could be.

Shows once again that killer service makes a tremendous impression that encourages people to tell their friends.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments