Sunday, May 28, 2006

Weddiquette....

Back in the early days of the Web, there was a concept (and still is I suppose) of Netiquette: how you behave online. This was of particular relevance as email "flame wars" became more and more common.

Thursday night, Tamar and I were at a wedding. As is common at many Jewish weddings, there was a fair amount of talking (or at least there's talking around me since I'm usually involved in it!). At one point, I pulled out my cell phone and started checking my email.

I turned to the guy next to me..."do you think it is rude to check email during a wedding?"

"Are you getting email from Bill Gates?"he asked.

"No, that was last week,"I replied [see post below].

He smiled. "Right, you and 5,000 other people."

"No, just me," I replied...and then told him the story...and contributed more to the buzz of talking in the background.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments