Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Kenyan e-commerce...

Our Nanny is from Kenya. Her daughter is a graduating law student. Kenya was once a British colony so it maintains the tradition having legal graduates go to commencement wearing Barrister wigs (like this one).

For whatever reason, the cost of a wig in Kenya is about $600. Yes, you read that correctly.

The Nanny was telling me this and I said, “I can’t believe you can’t find a cheaper one on eBay.”

Well, apparently you can and eBay isn’t so popular in Kenya.

So, I purchased 4 wigs (after a few back and forths with the Nanny’s daughter) for a grand total of $125 (incl. s/h) for the daughter.

I offered to purchase more and sell them for a profit (for all I know the Nanny’s daughter is going to do that anyway), but that seemed too much of an effort.

Now that I think about it, I’ll push it.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments