Friday, May 19, 2006

Protecting Your Assets...

Tom Peters wrote a book called "The Brand Called You" or "Brand You" or something like that. Bottom line: you are your brand (shocking, I know).

I'm a member of LinkedIn which is a business networking tool. The concept is neat even though I haven't gotten a ton of value out of it.

Yesterday, I got a request from one member of my network asking me to forward on a request on behalf of his friend for a job interview to another member of my network.

The email from my friend's friend was full of typos and grammatical errors.

I refused to pass on the request. I wrote in response:
"The email to XXX has many typos and grammatical errors. I am not going to forward something along that makes him question my judgment."

Got to protect the brand...
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments