Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Terrific Two's...

It's not fair to call them the "terrible two's." Sure, there are times when you have to discipline your 2 year old, but that comes with the territory.

This is a great age. She's old enough to understand most things, make jokes and know what is funny and what isn't, and to help out by throwing things in the trash, for example.

The other day, Calanit and I were in the kitchen and Erez was upstairs in his crib. He began to cry. I was content to let him cry himself back to sleep. Next thing I know, Calanit is going up the stairs (normally I close the gate, but this time I didn't) saying "I'm coming Erez! I'm coming Erez!"

Then, last Wednesday, I changed her diaper at 7pm and she refused to let me put her pants back on afterwards. I figured it was no big deal since we were about to head up to the bath.

Anyway, she's running around the house like a crazy woman in only diapers, a shirt, and a light sweater. Finally, Tamar says to her, "Calanit, are you cold?"

"No!"she said emphatically. "I have my sweater on!"

It's a great age.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments