Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Business tourists...

I’ll be in Israel at the end of February as a “business tourist”. This is the 3rd time in 6 years where I will make this type of trip. Accompanying me is my brother, Asher, a fantastic travel partner, particularly on this type of journey.

I’m looking for the names of people in the IT industry who would be willing to sit down for 30-60 minutes just to share their impressions of where the Israeli and/or US IT industry is headed. This could be entrepreneurs, technologists, sales/marketers for large corporations, or investors.
If you have suggestions, let me know.

Managing Expectations
This is not official Microsoft business. I am not making a concrete offer to help.

This is simply an opportunity for the people I meet with to exchange ideas with a veteran entrepreneur and experienced MSFT US-based field marketer. At the very least, your contacts will have an engaging discussion. (Very brief bio is below).

Background
I’ve fortunately seen the country as a more traditional tourist. I now prefer to meet those who are shaping Israel’s economic future, particularly from an IT perspective (obviously close to my heart). I always do a post-trip write up on the people I meet and my impressions of the state of the IT industry there. I’m more than happy to share when I return.

Very Brief Bio
-3.5 years at MS, 2 years leading the mid-market initiatives for our server products in Mid-Atlantic (we were top 3 in every meaningful category last year)
-Currently lead the initiative to drive a scaled partner-led modle in the core mid-market (over 7000 customers)
-Co-founder of Internet-based services marketplace, SilentFrog, in 2000. Raised $500k (post-bubble)
-4 years of experience in Internet sales and marketing in New York and Tokyo with clients like Heineken, Tumi, Fruit of the Loom, IBM, and Unilever

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments