Thursday, January 26, 2006

New job jitters...

I've moved back into sales from marketing.

I'm excited because I know that in sales, the value you deliver to an organization is clear. It's there in black and white. You always know where you stand. With that, of course, comes greater accountability which can be scary.

I know I can sell, I've done it before, but it does feel different a bit. I mean, there are 2 kids who are depending on me. That makes it feel a bit more pressured.

Over the last 2 years, in my marketing role, I've grown and learned a ton. I know I can talk the talk with the highest level marketers around. That's a good thing.

With the nerves and the apprehension, however, comes the feeling that I know I am going up the steep learning curve again.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments