Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Have I lost focus on what’s important?

I’ve learned a lot from cab drivers over the years.

They meet a lot of people in their line of work and often have good stories.

I’m usually happy and excited to make conversation with them.

The other day, however, I got in a cab on the way to the airport and after some initial conversation, I pulled out my laptop.

Not to be anti-social, but because I was on a few deadlines.

I felt bad.

I wondered if I had lost perspective and stopped appreciating my fellow human being, from whom I could learn?

Or, was I just being responsible at that moment?

In an entrepreneurial endeavor, it’s easy to be fully consumed by the business.

In some respects, that’s necessary, but I’m not sure it’s worth it.

Balance. Easy to say. Hard to do.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments