Friday, July 02, 2010

Things I did on my smartphone in one day…

Took a trip from DC to Seattle the other day with my new Sprint EVO 4G phone.

Here’s a list of how I used it. I think it’s pretty cool.

  1. made a few calls on the way (yep, no big deal)
  2. used Trapster to identify potential speed traps on the way to Dulles (no tickets!)
  3. made a recording of the location of my car (section 1U)
  4. checked in on Foursquare and Gowalla, earned a new badge
  5. passed through security using United’s new mobile boarding pass
  6. watched part of Germany vs. England (live) in the World Cup while sitting on the mobile lounge transporting me to Concourse D on ESPN Mobile TV (saw Germany score a goal)
  7. passed a Starbucks and checked the balance on my account
  8. scanned Facebook and commented on a few posts
  9. scanned Twitter and retweeted
  10. “tethered” the phone to my laptop, so I could work off it while in the gate area and have internet access
  11. boarded the flight using the same mobile boarding pass (video here)
  12. listened to Pandora radio on the shuttle from the airport to the rental car
  13. listened to a TED talk while I was driving
  14. use Google Maps and Sprint Navigation to get me from the airport to my destination
  15. sent a bunch of text messages..(does that even count?)
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments