Monday, July 26, 2010

Cookies and Contentment

Floral sugar cookies.

Image via Wikipedia

The NFO found two great books called “Cookies: Bite Size Life Lessons” and the follow-on, Sugar Cookies” which do an incredible job of teaching children how to behave in a kind and considerate manner by using the process of baking and eating cookies as the paradigm.

I think both of the books are fantastic and provide a lot for adults to learn as well.

Sunday morning, I was alone with Lakkanen, as Tikkanen and Jokkanen were at birthday parties.

We read a number of books together and made our way through the Cookies book.

Lying there with my youngest child, appreciating the little girl that she’s become and doing so without her siblings to serve as a benchmark, we came upon the page in the book that said:

“Content means sitting on the steps-just you, me, and a couple of cookies.”

And I thought…lying on the couch with my 2.5 year old daughter…that’s Contentment.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments