Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pictures stuck on your camera?

Now that we all have digital cameras, we all know how great it is to take pictures without worrying about film costs.

We get to see what the picture looks like so we don’t have to do the “ok, one more…” (though that habit is difficult to change).

But, one of the hurdles in the process, for me, has been: removing the card from the camera, inserting it into the computer, and downloading them.

For whatever reason, I seem to get stuck there.

Not anymore!

Thanks to the Eye-Fi!

Full disclosure: I received the Eye-Fi! for free as part of a promotion through Gowalla (which you should check out, since it’s a lot of fun).

So, here’s what is ridiculously cool about the Eye-Fi.

You connect the memory card in your camera to your home Wi-Fi network.

Then, when you walk into your house, the pictures and videos are AUTOMATICALLY downloaded from your camera to your computer (and, if you want, automatically posted to Facebook, YouTube, etc.).

I was shocked at how quick the set-up was. I time these things and and it was less than 4 minutes.

I’d heard about the Eye-Fi before, but never got around to buying one.

I should have gotten one sooner. BIG timesaver.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments