Monday, July 07, 2008

Fight back against aggressive drivers….Help test the site

So I was driving the 3 kids in the minivan, obeying the speed limit…

Don’t know if I was an easy target, but on three separate occasions, I was confronted with an overly aggressive driver.

One of them flipped me off. One of them honked. One of them rolled down the window and yelled, “Bitch!” No joke.

I was infuriated.

Now, I didn’t want to return the gesture or get into a shouting match. Not only would it send the wrong message to my kids, but with road rage these days, you never know, right?

So, I went to my strength. Technology. And, together, with a great friend, we’ve put together a site that gives all of us a way to vent our frustrations at aggressive drivers.

But, we need your help.

First off, we need a name (but that can come later).

For now, we need an assessment of the experience of using the site (not design, just functionality).

  • Does it solve a problem?
  • Does it make you feel better?
  • It it easy to use?

So, next time you come across some jerk on the road, here’s how you can retaliate without his (or her) even knowing.

  1. Use your phone and send a text message to 41411

    The format of the message has to be:

    DRIVR [2 Char State] [license plate#] message (optional)

    For example:
    Drivr MD Luv2Drv loser!!
    Drivr NY abc123 jerk!


  2. You can also use Twitter: send a tweet to @Drivr
  3. Or, you can just visit the web site and fill out the form
    (plus, you’ll see a ranking of most aggressive drivers in every state…eventually)

So, what do you think?




On the wish list already, submit by email

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments