Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Be your own medical advocate...

A few people who have had serious medical challenges warned me early on, "be your own advocate!" I kind of pooh-poohed it, relying on medical execution capabilities.

Well, if I've learned anything in the past few weeks, it's that these people were right.

After my meeting with the nuclear medicine folks on Monday, they assured me that they would "fax over your entire records to the endocrinologist" so that I wouldn't have to make copies, do it myself, etc.

Last night, I wondered, "hmmm, wonder if they did it?"

I faxed both offices. Today, got the email:

Thank you for the reminder, I did actually need it. I sent off what records we
had on you this morning to Dr. X's secretary, so you should be all set
for Monday. Hope all goes well. It was a pleasure meeting you.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments