Saturday, February 04, 2006

The Thinking MInd...

I got picked on by a cab driver for the first time in my life.

Traveling to the airport in Vegas, I was offering my opinion on the Cirque du Soleil show "Zumanity." My conclusion, after some background analysis, was that it was not worth the investment.

The cabdriver criticized me saying, "you'll never enjoy anything. You're too analytical."

Wisely, my colleague said, "let it go," and I held my tongue, but it got me thinking.

Later, at the gate, some other colleagues were remarking on some of the comments I had made about Las Vegas and asked "do you ever relax? are you ever not thinking? You're so intense."

They weren't mean-spirited comments, just bewilderment, or so it seemed.

That got me thinking too and it made me realize that it is the analysis that I enjoy. There's something fulfilling about it and it's fun to play around with the possibilities and various angles of a situation, no matter how trivial it may appear to be (or actually be.)
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments