Sunday, February 26, 2006

Father of the bride...


We have a good friend whose daughter recently broke off an engagement. To many, it was a relief, since there were signs that the marriage did not have great chances of success.

Recently, we learned that the couple has begun dating again and is committed to "making things work."

I was listening to the mother of the girl describe her predicament. She felt doubtful that her daughter was making the right decision but she knew she could not get involved. If she rejected the idea, she rejects the daugther and thus damages the relationship. I could see the emotional pain on her face as she discussed the predicament she faced as a parent in having to restrain herself and enable her daughter to live her own life.

During our conversation, Calanit was running blissfully around with a big smile on her face. I couldn't help but wonder what type of emotional challenges this little, beautiful girl of mine would bring my way before all is said and done.

She's on my lap as I write this, enjoying the picture of herself
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments