Friday, February 24, 2006

How I know I'm smarter than my wife...


During one of our earliest dates, Tamar and I came across the fact that we both took Latin in high school. I was particularly proud of one fact.

"I took the National Latin Exam and got a silver medal," I boasted.
"I got gold," she calmly replied.

That, combined with her legal mind and vastly superior intellect for Jewish texts made me defer to her wisdom on many things (technology being one of the obvious exceptions.)

Anyway, the last few days have made me change my mind.

I'm going to Israel for a week...by myself. I've been sick now for about 3 weeks and Tamar has borne the brunt of child care. It's becoming more and more obvious that, as was said at my wedding, I "married way above myself."

Obviously, if my wife were smarter than I, she wouldn't have agreed to marry me. That's how I know I'm smarter than she. :-)
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments