Friday, February 17, 2006

Parenting drama

About 2 weeks ago, Calanit realized that she didn't need to stay in bed when she woke up and that she could come into our room. Not a big deal, she usually climbs into bed with us or sits quietly on the floor.

This morning, Tamar and I are lying there, and we hear Calanit say "I have a poopie."

"Great, do you want to go the potty?" We've been working with her on this topic.

"I have a poopie."

Keep in mind that at this time, both Tamar and I are in bed with our eyes closed. Calanit is on the floor.

At some point, I look over and squint (not wearing glasses and all) and see that Calanit is lying on her back WITH HER DIAPER OFF and yes, she has a poopie.

I am notoriously difficult to wake and we're constantly fatigued (though Erez is improving significantly, it should be noted), but nothing gets me out of bed faster than an open diaper, face down on the floor of my bedroom.

Catastrophe has long since been averted, but it's one of those unpredictable twists of parenting that you just have to love...or you will go insane.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments