Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Son and Cheerleaders…

HEB Parade 2008 B104T.jpg

Image via Wikipedia

Jokkanen is 5 years old. Going into kindergarten.

The other day, we were flipping through the local Jewish community paper and there was an article about a woman who is a med student and is also believed to be the first Jewish cheerleader for the Houston Texans.

Accompanying the article, was a picture of her wearing her cheerleader outfit.

When I flipped the page, I didn’t even notice it (really!) and Jokkanen said to me, “why is her tummy showing?”

I told him that it was part of her outfit and made no further mention of it.

Then, I turned a few pages beyond it.

A few minutes later, I came back and he had flipped the paper back to her picture.

“Why are you looking at the picture?” I asked.

“Because,” he said.

“Because isn’t a reason,” I explained.

And then he said, “I don’t know why I want to look at it.”

But, he just did.

I just found that very curious.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments