Friday, August 13, 2010

Another reason to blog…

There are many, many good reasons to have a blog.

A recent post by one of my favorite bloggers, Mitch Joel, made a great case for it (as if I needed one) and the more I do it, the more value I get from it.

But, I recently discovered a surprise benefit of having a blog…it’s become a story repository for my main themes.

I was hired to do a 12 part webcast for Microsoft and outlined the topics I wanted to provide.

Of course, I have to provide the substance to back it up…which is where the blog came in handy.

I was able to search for the key terms (about which I’d been writing about for years) and find great, illustrative examples to help bring the point home.

It saved me HOURS of time and a lot of stress in preparation for the webcast.

In essence, I’d spent 3 years blogging to prepare me for the work of sharing the knowledge with the audience.

Just one more example of why it’s good value.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments