Thursday, August 06, 2009

Whale Wars...Eco-Terrorism?

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - DECEMBER 05:  Captain P...Image by Getty Images via Daylife
I wouldn't put "environmentalist" in my title, but I have to admit, I am becoming more and more conscious of the role we play within the larger eco-system.

Recently, I've become fascinated by the show "Whale Wars" and I find my heart strings being pulled by the site of Japanese harpoon ships killing the whales.

Just seems so wrong and unnecessary.

More than that, however, I am frustrated by the lack of sophisticated weaponry on the part of the Sea Shepherd.

Can't someone give them one of those t-shirt firing guns from baseball games to get their stink bomb bottles on the ships?

Or, why not drop them from the helicopter? They do have air superiority.

Of course, this LRAD thing is a problem, but hopefully the show will raise money for them and we can fuel an "arms race" against Japanese whaling vessels.

Worth checking out.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments