Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The value of sharing...

Flag United States MarylandImage by erjkprunczyk via Flickr
People often ask me why I am willing to share so much information and to share some seemingly random things with you.

Well, I guess it is because that, more often than not, it is, simply put, worth it.

Here's a trivial example.

The other day, in my post where I suggested that Maryland may be the most uniquely shaped state, I mentioned a book that I wanted to read called How the States Got Their Shapes.

Well, wouldn't you know it, but one of the people coming over for lunch the next day had it, brought it over, and lent it to me?

So, while I didn't read ALL the states, I did skim a majority of the book and I'm going to say that, when you combine the shape with some of the historical information around it, that Maryland and West Virginia would be my top two nominees.

In a previous era, there's NO way that I would have been able to share that information and then have it turn into something so useful, so quickly.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments