Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Sensitizing of America?

While flipping through the channels last night, I came across a new show on Fox called “More to Love.”

Kind of like the Bachelor in its “search for romance” theme, all of the contestants, however, were “plus-sized women.”

I have to say that I got kind of emotional as I heard their stories of being judged based on their weight. Never having gone on a date or had a boyfriend.

It was really moving.

I was kind of glad to see that a show was focused on helping give these woman a human side and that dating isn’t all about supermodels.

Interestingly enough, the next show I saw was called “Dating in the Dark.”

I only watched for 3 minutes, but the whole idea was that “love could be blind” and that people would interact without actually seeing each other.

Or maybe all of the other reality shows are tired and old by now?

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments