Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Sewage Pipes and Why I Love Blogging...

Secondary Sedimentation tank at a rural treatm...Image via WikipediaThe skeptics and naysayers often ask me "why do you put so much useless stuff on your blog? Who wants to read about your sewage problem?"

The answer is: I don't know.

But what I do know is that IF I write about it in an interesting way, then people will read about it, but the BEST part is when I get valuable input as a result.

"Why do you have to tell the world?"

I don't, but the thing is, I don't know what my network knows.

By putting information out there, the people who do know will tell me what I need to know. And this happens...A LOT. Which is why I keep doing it.

So, for the rest of you, here is Steve's note:
 We had a similar problem. You need to put copper sulfate crystals in the system every 6 months or so.  The crystals inhibit the growth of roots.  You can buy it at Home Depot or online, and you just flush a jar of the stuff down the basement toilet twice a year.   There also are some other stronger products that can kill off small roots before they grow.  We had a similar blockage years ago and the plumber recommended this treatment.  So far, so good. 
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments