Friday, October 17, 2008

On Comebacks and Staying With It...

Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays - June 3rd, ...Image by Adam Pieniazek via FlickrI got on the Nordic track last night at the top of the 7th inning and saw Tampa Bay go up on Boston, 7-0.

The announcers mentioned it and you saw it, "some fans are starting to head for the exits."

I thought back to a Redskins-Raiders game I went to in 1983.

The 'Skins were down 17 points with 6 minutes left. My brother and I were there with a high school kid to whom my parents had given the 3rd ticket and who was chaperoning us.

"This game is over," we said. "Let's leave..."

Joe Bardin, the chaperone, said, "let's just wait and see what happens. You never know."

Sure enough, the Redskins came back to win by one point.

So, last night, I thought, "anything's possible."

And sure enough, it was.

Ah, the beauty of sports.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments