Monday, September 08, 2008

Keeping Your Blogger's Voice

Blogger (service)Image via Wikipedia A longtime reader of this blog and the IgnitingTheRevolution blog told me that some of my posts over on ITR were "starting too get a bit too commercial."

In his opinion, they were too focused on positioning myself as a consultant. Not as a value-added blogger.

Now, I don't know if there's any connection, but I noticed that my readership in the first week of September dropped from the end of August.

Seemed counter-intuitive, since I figured people were on vacation and now they are back at work and reading.

Though it could be that people were not working as hard in August and thus had more time to read blogs, etc., and now, they are "doing their real jobs."

Either way, it sent me a strong message...and a good one.

Sharpen the saw time.

Blog on what I am passionate about. Stick to my voice. Do what I love to do.

The rest will follow.

Thanks for keeping me honest, guys.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments