Friday, December 18, 2009

When 20x times isn’t 20x

So, we have some sort of issues with our roof. Not great and it may need to be replaced.

The roofer suggested that I call our insurance confirm the type of coverage that we have.

Now, I had mentally prepared myself for the fact that a new roof would be about $15k-$20k. I have NO estimate now and no idea what it will be (or even if we have to).

Still, I wanted to know how much pain was coming my way.

The insurance rep said, “after your $1000 deductible, we will pay for the replacement of the roof.”

“…and that’s why you have insurance!” I yelled. “Of course, you will probably raise my rates after that, won’t you?”

“That could very well happen, sir,” he graciously replied.

Still, it dawned on me that the difference in emotional pain between $1000 and $20,000 isn’t 20 times..it’s closer to 100 times, right?

Anyway, let’s hope it’s not a roof replacement, right?

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments