Monday, July 27, 2009

Dangers of Social Media Sarcasm…

One of my favorite people from my days at Microsoft is Nelson Taggart.

He’s a funny guy and I really enjoy spending time with him.

Today, he sent me a note asking to change a previous blog post of mine.

Why?

Well, if you search on his name, you’ll see a post of mine from 2 years ago where I suggest that “questionable advice” always comes from him.

Of course, it doesn’t. I was being funny (or trying to, at least).

clip_image002

But, someone searching for Nelson may not get that…and may rush to judgment.

That’s his/her fault, of course, as well as mine.

You need to be yourself, but you need to recognize that people who don’t know you may not get what that means.

I don’t have an answer to this one…it’s a situation that we’ll see more of, I’m sure.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments