Monday, June 29, 2009

Family Relations in the Facebook Era…

So, I long on to Facebook this morning and this is the first item I see in the status update.image

I think, “oh, how nice. A mutual friend is writing on my brother’s Facebook wall.”

Now, I know full well, at this point, that my sister-in-law is pregnant and due any moment, but I would have expected an email from my mom or my brother to the immediate family saying “she’s in labor, we’re going to the hospital,” or something like that.

I hadn’t received it, so it didn’t click.

Then, I scroll down further and see a note from one cousin.

image

Hard to believe, but it still hasn’t dawned on me…"maybe she has a new cousin on her other side” (especially since I didn’t know that my brother and his wife had picked out a name yet.)

FINALLY (and this is at the bottom of the page), I see:

image

I’m a lot slower than I realized.

Mazal Tov and welcome to the newest member of the Epstein Team!

(and no phone call or email yet…which I suppose I, of all people, need to be ok with).

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments