Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Babel

Babel album coverImage via Wikipedia
I am a huge fan of movies that start off with widely disparate stories and then bring them together in unique, expected ways. In that respect,Babel hits the mark.

Plus, having lived in two foreign lands, I can relate to the challenges of communication and language, which, to some extent, is at the core of this movie.

How do you survive in an environment where the code, mores, and environment are totally foreign to you? 

Some great cinematography and a great job and creating a connection to the characters.

I have NO idea how it got on my Netflix queue (I really wish they would add a section when you put it on the queue to say "got this recommendation from Jon" or whatever)...you know, make it a bit more social, but hey.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments