Sunday, March 02, 2008

Online Event RSVP nightmare...

I am SO unimpressed with Evite.com it's not even funny.

Last week, I sent out an invite to folks with a link to the event on Facebook.

Straightforward and easy.

However, I got a lot of responses from folks saying "I don't do Facebook."

Ugh.

OK, I needed some way to track attendance, so we know how much food to order.

So, I decide...ok, Evite.

Try it out and dillignetly enter the 400 or so email address (not one by one, but still).

I click "send."

Nothing.

I click it again. Nothing.

Now, I know enough to know that something could be happening, but I don't see anything happening.

Finally, after what seems like forever, I get a message saying "your invite has been sent."

I look at the invite list and everyone is in their 2 (or 3 times). Just ridiculous!!

So, I go through and delete the duplicates...I'm irritated at this point at how long things have taken.

When I'm done, I see that NONE of invites are there...back to square one.

Meanwhile, I get email from folks saying "I've gotten 3 invitations from you."

I can't win!! :-)

If I were on the other end of the multiple invites, I'd probably skip the party just because I was so annoyed with the idiot who couldn't use eVite properly!
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments