Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's all about the taxes...



I was inspired by "Fun with Dick and Jane" to meet up with my financial advisor. Actually, it was the comment to the post that really got me going.

Seriously, I already had it planned, but I had a chance to chat with Josh yesterday and he proved once again why I'm a big fan.

I'm actually such a big fan that I've offered to host a "Scotch and Taxes" night for him at my house, so if you're interested in understanding some "tax minimization" strategies and drinking Scotch, let me know. Probably in early May.

I've discovered over the years that investment strategy without a complementary tax strategy is like peanut butter without jelly. They go hand in hand and I've made the mistake too long of not taking that into account.

It was fortuitous that I spoke w/Josh yesterday, as it made the article from Smart Money on Solo 401k and ROTH IRA's that I read today make a lot more sense.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments