Sunday, March 13, 2005

A walk in the park

Sometimes I can’t help but think that old cliché of “my little girl is growing up so quickly.”

 

Yesterday, we took her to a park and for the first time, she was walking around in a pair of shoes. (Last week, she officially entered the Toddler stage). As Tamar and I helped her get used to walking outside and in shoes, I felt a lump in my throat.  My little girl is walking around the playground, doing the things that “bigger kids.”  I felt very paternal as I sat her on my lap and we went down the slide together and sat on the swings together.

 

Knowing all too well that these moments will soon be gone and a distant memory, I did my best to take a digital, mental snapshot of the moment in an effort (hopefully not in vain) to hold on to this feeling and cherish the moment

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments