Thursday, March 03, 2005

Paradigm Shift

I remember when I first learned the word 'paradigm.' I was in a Maryland state summer 'gifted and talented' program during High School.

The instructor showed us a new type of bicycle seat (one pad for each butt cheek) and talked about a new paradigm.

Recently, I bought a Media Center PC, which is a computer, but also a TV w/TiVo like functionality.

It still hasn't sunk in yet that the way I watch TV is changing, yet slowly it is.

I do pull-ups three times a week and usually do something in between each set (say write a few emails or what have you.) Last night, I was watching West Wing and at some point, it dawned on me that I didn't have to wait for the commercial to do the next set. I just paused it and was off, then returned. Same thing for when the phone rang.

Paradigm shift. What does it mean? Not sure entirely, but very cool.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments