Friday, November 21, 2008

I told you it was about connecting... ;-)

I think this is the first time that an FOJ (Friends of Jer) meetup has led to someone getting a job, but I am pumped that it did.

Back in September, we had 2 separate FOJ gatherings in NYC

Now, Roz writes in:

Can't remember if I ever thanked you for hooking me up to Jan Kaufman.

I met with her in September and she was really nice -- she gave me a number of people to contact and also sent my resume out to a listserv she's on and to several friends/colleagues.

And it turns out that it paid off -- she connected me to Carolyn Green, the deputy director of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, and I just accepted a job with them doing communication and development work!

So, there you go...FOJ Meetups: Your defense against a down economy!

;-)

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments