Monday, November 03, 2008

30,000 Haircuts...

Pleating Hair - IImage by carf via FlickrWent to the Hair Cuttery the other day and was asked, "would you like a specific stylist?"

"Whoever is available now," I replied.

I met Patricia, who dutifully asked me what I wanted with my hair.

"Make it look good and keep it low maintenance."

She was very friendly, but she kept asking questions about whether I liked X or Y.

"Patricia," I asked, "how long have you been cutting hair?"

"14 years."

"and how many hair cuts do you give a week?"

"About 40 or 50," she replied.

"So, you've given close to 30,000 haircuts in your life. I've probably had, I don't know, 100 or so. You are the expert. I trust you!"

She laughed and I thought about how often we don't let experts just do their jobs without interfering.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments