Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Learning Sarcasm...

A packet of Reese's Peanut Butter CupsImage via WikipediaOne of the things I think of which I am most proud is the fact that my kids have learned to appreciate my intense sarcasm.

They just get it. They can tell when I am joking.

Which is great...and a lot of fun, since the NFO and sarcasm aren't necessarily peanut butter and chocolate. Now, Tonka, Paco, and I can get all giddy on our own.

Anyhow, got me to thinking...
  1. how do you explain what sarcasm is to someone who doesn't understand it? (in a foreign culture or a child, for example)

  2. how do you learn/teach sarcasm?

  3. what does it say about someone who is/isn't sarcastic?
Curious on your thoughts?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments