Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Blogger Ego...

On December 6, 2002 Josh Marshall's talkingpoi...Image via WikipediaIn the last few weeks, I've seen 3 examples of bloggers whom, in my humble opinion, got a bit "too big for their britches."

No need to call them out (as that would prove the point, right?), but I wonder if blogging (and, to some extent, all of the craze around social media/user-generated-content) leads us to a heightened sense of self-importance.

I mean, if there is more than 1 person reading this blog (after me, that is), well then, I must have something important to say...

As we move into an era where everyone is a reporter, broadcaster, etc., it's something to remember.

"With great power, comes great responsiblity...."

[and on that topic, please...no matter what, if you are eligible, go vote]

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments