Monday, January 08, 2018

Gratitude Journal- Day 47: 30+ Nephews and Nieces

Between the NFO's 6 siblings and my 4, we have 30 nephews and nieces...with 4 more on the way.

(Note: if you had taken the "over" on the over/under of 33 set by my cousin Barry in the months leading up to our wedding 17 years ago, you would have won).

Yesterday, I saw 4 of them and I am lucky that, fairly often, I get to see many of them.

What is particularly cool about having such a large number and wide variety of "niecews" is that you get to see personal development over a period of time with a large data set.

This allows you to see common patterns emerge while simultaneously appreciating the evolving, unique characteristics of each individual.

Since all but 3 of them pre-date my entry in to the family and I've known all but 2 since their births, it is remarkable to see so many life stories unfold in real-time.

Today, I am grateful for my 30 (and counting!) nephews and nieces
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments