Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Going Sugar-Free

Back in January, I decided I was going to try and go off sugar entirely.

Now, it's nearly impossible to do that and, on occasion, I have had unrefined sugar/organic cane sugar.

But the key thing is that my conscious sugar intake is WAY down. The first 2 months were rough, though I heard that having additional salt during the transition time was a good way to help--and it did.

Now, however, I can walk past a table of sweets and feel...nothing. The sugar no longer has the craving power over me and that's a very liberating feeling.

Plus, a real bonus, is that naturally sweet things like fruit taste so much better.

I'm continually testing my diet to optimize for results (at the moment, I am basically vegan-save eggs and honey), but the sugar avoidance is one I definitely recommend.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments