Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Equifax Can't Even Get the Fix Right

In the wake of the Equifax nightmare, I followed Ron Lieber's advice from the NY Times and placed a credit freeze on our accounts at Experian, TransUnion, and Innovis.

It was simple. Took about 10 minutes all together and I was done. Great.

Then, I went to Equifax and would you believe it?


I get a message saying they can't process the request because more information is required.

I wonder if that's because all of the data is gone?

The incompetence here is just mind boggling.

The only good thing that will come out of this is that it will put the decentralized/blockchain era of innovation on hyperdrive because having ALL of a country's citizens' personal information in 1 place is, well, just not very smart.

And my personal favorite?

There's still a tweet on the Equifax home page calling their CEO "one of the most admired". Maybe take that down?

Stay classy, Equifax.






blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments