Given the realities of the world, some things came to mind that I thought might be worth re-opening. Just putting them out there for debate/discussion.
- Does NATO really matter anymore? I mean, the Soviets were defeated.
- Should we continue to maintain military bases in places like Germany or move them to lower cost, more strategic places (that might have us) in, say, eastern Europe?
- S. Korea...maybe it's time to say, "ok, you want us to defend you from N. Korea? Fine. Here's the annual bill. Pay up."
- Same thing for Taiwan. Frankly, given my recent trip to China, I'm starting to be skeptical that China would actually attack Taiwan. I could be wrong about that one.
- Aid to the Egypt and Israel
- Bases in Japan/Okinawa
- I'd throw in the whole UN experiment, but I know that's a non-starter
- embargo on Cuba. I mean, except for a bunch of people in S. Florida, no one really cares and no one thinks of them as a threat anymore, right?