Monday, October 25, 2010

Tools of the Trade…

Three models of the Zune (not including Zune H...

Image via Wikipedia

I don’t travel light.

I like to be prepared.

Not just clothes wise, but in terms of time-saving and productivity-enhancing technology.

On a recent four day trip, I brought the following with me

  1. my Windows 7 Netbook
  2. an iPad
  3. a Zune
  4. my Sprint EVO smartphone
  5. the LiveScribe smartpen
  6. a Flipcam

And, because I did, I was able to make the most of a number of unexpected opportunities (that’s the idea behind being prepared, right?)

The laptop? Obvious. iPad—also, obvious, I would expect. The Zune…I synchronize it with my Media Center at home and thus have a DVR-like experience when necessary.

Phone, also obvious, but I did use it to capture an impromptu chat in a parking lot, the FlipCam allowed me to capture a video of my client who is willing to do my laundry, and listen to a lecture by a leading marketing thinker and capture it with my LiveScribe pen as a Pencast.

Like a carpenter carries a toolbox, so do I. Need to have many tools to get the job done.

alt
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments