Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Son and Soccer

Arsenal's Cesc Fàbregas (white shirt) duels wi...

Image via Wikipedia

Jokkanen is now part of a kindergarten soccer league.

He’s mega cute in his jersey, etc.

The other week, during his first game, I marveled at the amount of joy I felt as I watched him running around the field.

He wasn’t the best player out there at all. About average, but where I was proud of him was how smart a game he played.

Most of the kids just converge on the ball. He kind of sat back and watched the play develop and then went to where the ball was going.

It led to an assist on his team’s only goal.

Not only that, but it was clear that he was just absolutely enjoying himself and, as I told him, the thing that matters most is that you “leave it all on the field.”

That, he did.

alt
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments