Thursday, October 28, 2010

Composting Update…

A few months ago (June 29th to be exact), I started composting.

So far, I’d say the results have been mixed.IMAG0059

While I have been completely unsuccessful in terms of generating any type of mulch for spreading in my yard, what has been an overwhelming success is the fact that now almost all the organic waste that we produce goes in the composter.

What happens there is nothing short of a wonder of nature.

It is so fascinating to watch the insects inside go to work and the food just gets reprocessed.

There are so many challenges to our world and while this is just a minor step, it makes me feel good (and involving my kids as well) that, instead of putting our stuff in a landfill (where I suppose it might decompose anyway), we’re making a small contribution to the eco system in our backyard.

It’s made all of us feel more connected to the larger biosphere.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments