Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Inch by Inch….

it’s a cinch.

I despise doing taxes.

I’d honestly rather clean up my kids projectile vomiting from the floor than prepare them.

In the past, I’ve said, “Ok, I really hate this job, so I’m just going to do it in a marathon session so I can just get this out the door.”

What happens is that I spend 4 hours doing something I can’t stand and, what’s more, there’s always some information that I don’t have and thus can’t complete it.

This year, I took a different tack. Perhaps because I felt like I couldn’t devote a marathon session to it.

I just said, “ok, I’m going to do an hour every other night for 2 weeks [deadline] and then I’ll be done.”

What happened?

I got it done, still hated it, but the stress level was much lower. It was manageable (or at least more so).

A mental trick perhaps, but for me, it worked.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments